JAVIER MARTÍNEZ CAMPOS
Assistant Principal Cello "Bilbao Orkestra Sinfonikoa" BOS (Spain) since October 2015 and composer.
He was born in Valencia (Spain) in December 1989, and began his musical studies at the age of 4 in CEDAM Academy of Madrid, continuing at the Conservatorio Profesional de Música de Getafe with Mª Nieves Collado. Finally, he studied at the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid violoncello with Iagoba Fanlo and composition (J. Medina, A. Romero, M. Seco, Z. de la Cruz, B. Dozza, E. Armenteros, A. Carretero), finishing in 2011 both careers with Honors.
From 2005 to 2011 he perfected his cello studies with Miguel Jiménez (soloist of the National Spain Orchestra).
He has studied a Master of Music program and a Konzertexam (Soloist Master, with Honors) at the Robert Schumann Hochschule Düsseldorf (Germany) with professor Gregor Horsch (soloist of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam).
He was enrolled at the "Classe d´Excellence de Violoncelle" - Fondation Louis Vuitton with professor Gautier Capuçon in Paris (France).
He holds a Master´s degree in "Musical Creation and Performing" by Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid) and a degree in "Music Industry Management" by Universidad Europea Miguel de Cervantes - IGECA.
He has attended improvement courses and seminars of violoncello with Anner Bylsma, Edgar Gredler, Angel Luís Quintana, Marie Paule Milone, Christopher Vandespar, Dimas Moreno, and masterclasses with Pieter Wispelwey, Jens Peter Maintz, Wen-Sinn Yang, Wolfgang Emanuel Schmidt, Antoaneta Emanuilova, Alexander Bouzlov, Torleif Thedéen, Johannes Krebs, David Strange, Gregor Horsch, Tamás Varga, Nikolaus Trieb, Jérôme Tétard, Asier Polo y el Cuarteto Quiroga. In the field of baroque cello with Gaetano Nasillo and Josetxu Obregón (La Ritirata), in composition, instrumentation and orchestration, he has participed in courses with Leonardo Balada, Ertugrul Sevsay, J. Mª Sánchez Verdú, Bernardo Adam Ferrero, Gregory Fritze (Berklee), Andrés Valero-Castells and Ferrer Ferran, and in conducting with José Rafael Pascual-Vilaplana and Jan Van der Roost.
As cellist he has played under the baton of conductors such as Gustavo Dudamel, Lutz Köhler, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Gianandrea Noseda, Peter Eötvos, Alondra de la Parra, Reinbert de Leeuw, Jac van Steen, Erik Nielsen, Christian Zacharias, Alexander Bloch, Pablo González, Manuel Galduf, Cristóbal Halftter, David Strange, Antoni Ros Marbá, Miguel Romea, José Luis Temes, etc... in auditoriums and concert halls such as the Carnegie Hall of Nueva York, Symphony Hall of Boston, Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts of Washington DC, Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Auditorio Nacional Música de Madrid, Palau de la Música de Valencia, Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía de Valencia, Palau de la Música Catalana de Barcelona, Fundación Gubelkian Lisboa, Konzerthaus am Gendarmenmarkt Berlin, Kölner Philharmonie, Filharmonia Narodowa Warsau, Emirates Palace of Abu Dhabi, Tokyo International Forum, etc…
He has been academist of the "Mahler Chamber Orchestra" (MCO) and the "Düsseldorfer Symphoniker", member of the "European Union Youth Orchestra" (EUYO), "Iberoamerican Youth Orchestra" (OJI), conducted by Gustavo Dudamel, and member and principal cello of the "National Spain Youth Orchestra" (JONDE), the "Netherlands Jugend Orchestra" (NJO) and the "Generalitat Valenciana Youth Orchestra" (JOGV).
He has collaborated with the "Mahler Chamber Orchestra" (MCO), "Duisburger Philharmoniker", "Orquesta Sinfónica de Tenerife", "Beethoven Orchester Bonn", "Kammeroper Köln", "Düsseldorfer Symphoniker", "Banda Municipal de Bilbao", "Extremadura Youth Orchestra" (OJEX), etc...
As soloist, he has performed the "Symphonieorchesters der RSH Düsseldorf", the "Jove Orquestra de la Generalitat Valenciana" (JOGV), the "Orquestra Simfònica l' Om de Picassent", the Orquesta del Conservatorio Profesional de Música de Getafe, etc... in concert halls as the Tonhalle Düsseldorf (Germany), Palau de la Música de Valencia, Auditori de la Vila-Joiosa, etc.
His works have been performed at the Carnegie Mellon University of Pittsburgh School of Music (U.S.A.), Cité de la Musique (Paris), Fondation Louis Vuitton (Paris), Auditorio Nacional de Música de Madrid, Palau de la Música de Valencia, Palau de la Música Catalana, Teatro Monumental de Madrid, Palacio Euskalduna de Bilbao, Palacio de la Ópera de A Coruña, Auditorio de la Diputación de Alicante, Palais Wittgenstein (Düsseldorf), Musiekgebouw aan´t IJ (Amsterdam), Bernard Haitinkzaal (Amsterdam), Caldas University (Colombia), Teatre El Musical (Valencia), Teatros el Canal (Madrid), Manuel de Falla Auditorium of Royal Conservatory of Music of Madrid, etc... by soloists and ensembles such as Gautier Capuçon, Gábor Tarkövi, Orquesta Sinfónica de Galicia OSG, Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès OSV, Orquesta Sinfónica de Bilbao BOS, Spanish Brass Luur Metalls, the Carnegie Mellon Contemporary Ensemble, European Union Youth Orchestra EUYO, Academia de Música Contemporánea de la JONDE, Octans Ensemble (Alemania), Collegium Instrumentale de Valencia, Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid, Banda Municipal de Valencia, Banda Municipal de Bilbao, Banda Municipal de Albacete, etc....
Some of his works are published by Piles, Rivera Editores, OmnesBands, IdeaMusica, DASÍ-Flautas Ediciones, Ediciones Tot per l´Aire, Scomegna Edizioni Musicali (Italy) and Gérard Billaudot Éditeur (France).
He has won the following awards:
- November 2005: awarded with the 3rd prize at the 6th Choral Composition Contest "Villa de Getafe".
- May 2006: 1st prize at the VIII Chamber Music Contest "Hazen".
- November 2007: 1st prize at the 8th Choral Composition Contest "Ciudad de Getafe".
- February 2008: 2nd prize in the Composition Contest for Marchas Moras “150 Aniversari dels Moros Grocs“ de Castalla (Alicante).
- April 2008: finalist and Audience Award at the 1st Contest of Música Festera Compositions "Ciutat de València".
- July 2008: 1st prize ex aequo at the 10th International Composition Contest "Salvador Seguí" of the International Chamber Music Week in Montserrat (Valencia).
- September 2008: finalist and Audience Award in the 14th Contest of Música Festera Compositions of Callosa d'en Sarrià.
- April 2009: 1st prize in the 2nd Contest of Música Festera Compositions "Ciutat de València".
- November 2009: 1st prize in the 10th Choral Composition Contest "Ciudad de Getafe".
- June 2010: 1st Prize "Fallera Major de Valencia 2010" at the 13th National Composition Contest of Pasodobles Falleros.
- April 2011: awarded in the 9th International Composition Contest for Orchestra "Andrés Gaos" of the Diputación de A Coruña .
- April 2012: 1st Prize in the IV International Composition Contest "Cittá di Sinnai" 2012 (Sardinia, Italy).
- May 2012: finalist in the International Composition Competition "25 Aniversario de la Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès".
- Juny 2012: Diploma di Merito in the XV "Torneo Internazionale di Musica" TIM (Rome, Italy).
- March 2013: nominated for the "Hollywood in Music Media Awards" (California, USA) for the "Contemporary Orchestral/Instrumental" category.
- June 2013: finalist and declared "Interest Piece" in the VII Amadeus International Choral Composition Contest.
- December 2013: Segnalazione all´unanimità in the XXIX Corciano International Composition Contest for Wind Band 2013 (Italy).
- April 2014: awarded in the "II Internationaler Knopf Wettberwerb" der Anton Rubinstein Akademie (Germany) in the "Violoncello" category.
- June 2014: finalist and declared "Interest Piece" in the VIII Amadeus International Choral Composition Contest.
- July 2014: Honorable Mention in the II Composition Competition "Premio Manuel Carrascosa" 2014 (Buñol, Valencia).
- November 2014: 2nd Prize ex aequo in the "Solist Schmolz+Bickenbach Wettbewerb" of Düsseldorf 2014 (Germany).
- December 2014: winner of the "II Premio Talento Joven de la Comunidad Valenciana" in the "Culture" category, sponsored by Levante-EMV and Bankia.
- March 2016: 1st Prize in the III International Composition Contest for Youth Wind Band "Música Jove" 2016 (Valencia).
- April 2016: 1st Prize Violoncello and Special Prize in the International Music Competition "eMuse" 2016 (Greece).
- April 2016: Diploma "Rising Star" Award by the International Association of Art "The Muse" Athens (Greece).
- June 2018: Honorary Diplom in the Leopold Auer Composers Competition 2018 (Russia).
- June 2019: 1st Prize in the III Contest of Música Festera Compositions of Almoradí.
At the moment he is assistant principal cellist of the "Bilbao Orkestra Sinfonikoa" BOS (Spain), composer, and member of the Soinuaren Bidaia ensemble and the NEA Cello Ensemble. He also studies a Master of Music Management at the European University Miguel de Cervantes and is enrolled in a Doctorate PhD programm in Research in Humanities, Arts and Education at the Castilla-La Mancha University (UCLM).